March 31, 2022
The Things to Know: WIG CAP CONSTRUCTIONS
- Creates the most natural movement as each hair moves freely
- Each hair is individually hand tied creating the appearance of complete natural growth
- The softest and most comfortable cap, it's ideal for a sensitive scalp & hair loss
- Allows for styling versatility as you can comb the hair in any direction
- Also known as 100% hand-knotted
- Mimics a natural front hairline
- Each hair is hand-tied on by one to a section of sheer lace (but not entire cap)
- Allows for styling hair away from the face
- Most Lace Front Cap designs are ready-to-wear (pre-trimmed or pre-cut), while others require some customization.
- Due to a delicate material is used, the area should be handled with care
- Allows multi-directional parting while providing the appearance of natural growth
- Provides a cool, smooth feel against the scalp for long-lasting comfort
- Each hair is individually hand-tied to a sheer base (but not entire cap)
- Can be found just at the crown, along a pre-defined part or across the full top
- A double mono has an extra layer of soft material adding silk comfort against the scalp
Traditional & Capless
- Traditional or standard cap allow maximum coverage with a full lace crown front.
- Capless or Open Cap allows superior ventilation for maximum scalp cooling with machine wefting
- Most durable & affordable
- Often gives the hair a natural lift with built-in volume at the crown
- Many capless wigs will have adjustment straps at the nape (back neck area) to allow the wig to be sized down for a more snug fit.
- Gives the illusion of the hair growing directly from the scalp.
- More affordable than a full monofilament wig and still give you a natural look.
- The part cannot be changed.